Windows 8 System and Requirements and Minimal Specs
Here you will find the details on system requirements that are needed to run Windows 8 and its various features.
Running a computer with the bare minimal requirements is not recommended as it may cause your Windows experience to be poor causing excessive memory and Processor lag as your PC tries to prioritise tasks.
Windows 8 System Requirements:
- Processor 1GHz or faster
- RAM 1GB (32bit) or 2GB (64bit)
- Hard disk space 16GB (32bit) or 20GB (64bit)
- Graphics card Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device or higher
Windows 8 Extra Requirements:
- Internet access (fees may apply)
- For touchscreen, you need a tablet or a monitor that supports multi-touch
- Microsoft account required for some features
- To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768
- To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768