MSDOS 5.0 Install (txt only guide)
- 512K of memory
- MSDOS 2.11 or later
- 2.8mb of free hard drive space
- 1 720k disk drive.
- Take the MS-DOS 5 minute workout
- Getting start
- License agreement
- User’s Guide and Reference
MSDOS 5.0 Upgrade Install Guide
- Place disc one in floppy drive A:
- Type “A:” hit “ENTER” and at a: prompt type “SETUP”.
- Enter welcome setup screen.
- You will now need 2 Floppy Disks, Label these “Uninstall 1 and Uninstall 2”. Some files will be copied to these discs others to a DOSOLD directory. Enter to continue.
- You will be Asked if you are using a network. No is Default. Press enter to continue.
- Option to backup hard disc first. No is Default. Highlight NO or YES press return.
- The setup screen now shows customer hardware and software components. DOS type, DOS path, MS DOS Shell, Display type
- Change as needed by highlighting and pressing “Enter”. Once correct highlight continue with installation and press enter.
- Final message states that setup is now ready to proceed. Press “Y” to continue. Installation begins.
- hen Prompted insert disk “Uninstall 1 into A:” and press enter. Then capacity of disc and enter.
- You are then Prompted to state whether all disks are to be formatted to the same density. Highlight yes and continue.
- Follow the on screen prompts to complete installation.
- When installation is complete press enter to run MS DOS 5.
|Added to AUTOEXEC.BAT|
|Added to CONFIG.SYS|
SHELL=C:\DOS\COMMAND.COM C:\DOS\ /p